We’re excited to announce that earlier this month CalendarWiz released a new feature dubbed, the File Manager*. Our goal was to make attaching files and embedding images in your events as simple, and fast as sending an email.
All calendar plans come with FREE storage for up to 100 files. If you need more than that you can easily upgrade to allow for more storage at any time.
To be fair, we’ve actually always allowed attachments and images in events, but adding them to the event was admittedly not easy. Until now, you had to do it the way most other shared calendar services do. You would’ve needed an account with a file hosting service such as Photobucket, Imgur, or Google Drive, etc. Then upload your files there, find the way to copy a public link, head back to your calendar, and paste the snippet of HTML into an event; today that’s all changed.
From now on, all you need to do is open the File Manager, upload your files directly to your calendar, then embed or attach them with a click or two. Simple! The File Manager also stores your files in the cloud, so no matter what computer or tablet you’re using, your files will be there waiting. You can make use of these files in other places in CalendarWiz, too, adding your logo to reminder and announcement email templates, for example. You’ll find that you can set files as favorites, create folders to keep them organized, and quickly search across all files and images.
Getting started with the File Manager is a cinch, in fact, it’s already been added to your calendar. You don’t have to do a thing except start using it. Simply go to the full event editor and click over to the Description & Images tab. You’ll see these icons, all of which can be used to start uploading files for your events. The icon to the far left opens the File Manager directly, the other two icons work as they always have, but also include the icon to launch the File Manager.
1. When the File Manager opens for the first time it’ll look like this. Start by clicking the Upload button at the top left of the window that appears.
2. On the Upload screen, drag and drop files onto the window, or use the Add files button at the bottom right.
3. Once you’ve selected your files, click the Upload button at the bottom right of the window.
4. Once the upload is finished click the Insert button at the bottom right of the window.
5. Your file is ready to be attached or inserted into your event. If you’re inserting an image, go ahead and click the Insert button to embed it. If it’s a PDF or Word document, for example, click the Close button, then use the Insert Link icon to attach it.
Please remember that your files are stored publicly and are accessible by a standard URL. If your files contain sensitive data, we recommend securing them with a password, or encrypting them before uploading to your calendar.
* File Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10+, Safari 5+, iPad iOS 6+, Android tablet OS 4+. Cookies be turned on.
As always we’re excited to hear from you about new features and hope you enjoy your new way of working with your calendar.